Terms and Conditions of Booking
Please ensure that you have read the cancellation policy before you make your booking. By making a booking and paying a deposit you are accepting these terms and conditions. You are also authorising us to take additional payments on your payment cards to fulfil any of the cancellation liabilities outlined below.
Cancellations when they occasionally occur are a very serious matter for small B & Bs. Once your booking has been confirmed with a deposit, either by card payment or cheque, we are legally bound to provide the accommodation and you are legally bound to pay for it. Therefore in the unlikely event of your cancelling all or part of your stay with us for any reason, you are still responsible for the remaining balance. Holiday insurance is widely available and recommended.
- If you wish to cancel your booking we require up to 5 days notice before the booked date. Please note that any deposit is non-refundable, however, this can often be carried over to an alternative date.
- If you cancel your booking with less than 5 days notice we will charge you for the full amount of the stay that you booked.
- We will attempt to re-let the accommodation, subject to our normal conditions, and if we do manage to do that will reimburse you the nights we re-let.
- If you fail to turn up without letting us know we will charge you for the full amount of the booking as we will not have the opportunity to try to re-let the accommodation. No reduction can be made for temporary absence or departure earlier than booked or for any meals not taken.
It would be in your interests to let us know a soon as possible if you need to cancel a booking as that will give us more opportunity to re-let the accommodation.
- Rooms are available from 2.00pm. If you expect to arrive earlier, please let us know and we will endeavour to have your room ready for you.
- Please note that weekends in the Lake District are busy and weekend bookings must be for a minimum of two nights and Bank Holidays are a minimum of 3 nights.
- Stockghyll Cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- We regret we do not accommodate children under ten years old, and we cannot accommodate dogs or other pets.
- Please note that guests who park in our car park do so at their own risk.
- Please note that guests’ belongings are left in the guest house at their own risk
- Breakfast is between 8.30am & 9.30am.
- Please vacate your room on your day of departure by 10.15am.